Prince Harry will visit the United States from Thursday 9th May to Wednesday 15th May 2013, undertaking engagements on behalf of charities with which the Prince is closely associated, on behalf also of HM Government, and with a strong central theme of supporting injured servicemen and women from both the UK and US armed forces.
Prince Harry will visit:
- Washington, DC: an exhibition on Capitol Hill on landmine clearance and the British Ambassador’s Reception. Also, Arlington National Cemetery and the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Denver: The Consul-General’s Reception
- Colorado Springs: several events at the 2013 Warrior Games
- New York City: an event to promote the GREAT campaign, a community baseball programme involving a new partnership with the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, a Royal Foundation fundraising event
- New Jersey: an area badly affected by Hurricane Sandy
- Connecticut: the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup in Greenwich. Further details will be announced in due course.
ENDS NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Prince Harry last made an official visit to the United States in May 2012. During the visit, Prince Harry attended a reception at the British Ambassador’s residence in Washington, where he met teams of British and American veteran athletes who had taken part in the 2012 Warrior Games.
- In recent years, Prince Harry has supported a number of charities that work in the field of rehabilitation of servicemen and women, including Walking with the Wounded, ABF The Soldiers’ Charity and Help for Heroes. Supporting military veterans is also one of the Royal Foundation’s core aims.
- Prince Harry attended a GREAT campaign event on Sugarloaf Mountain, Rio de Janeiro, during a visit to Brazil in March 2012.
- This will be the fourth Sentebale Polo Cup. Previous competitions have been held in Barbados, the United Kingdom and Brazil.